Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Sharper Your Knife the Less You Cry

Once again, I was caught up in a book about Paris. No surprise! This book, The Sharper Your Knife the Less You Cry is about Kathleen Flinn, losing her job with a computer corporation, and using her money in savings to move to Paris and attend Le Cordon Bleu cooking school. She starts by taking the basic class and then works through the intermediate and advanced classes to earn her chef certificate. I loved this book and I wanted it to keep going. Learning all about the types of food she cooks and reading about her enjoying Paris was a treat to me. I actually really wanted to sign up for cooking school myself while reading this book. There are also recipes in the book, several which I can't wait to try. Last night I made Diffusion de Tomate Provencal (Provencal Tomato Spread), from the book, which was delicious on fish. If you like cooking or are interested in food this will be an interesting read for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment