Sunday, August 29, 2010

Recipe Recommendations

I have tried a few recipes from other bloggers and website and they turned out so good I have to share them!
1. Pickles from Elana's Pantry. I do not have all of the equipment to can, but this recipe brines the cucumbers so processing them is not necessary. Great!
2. Sweet corn pancakes from Smitten Kitchen. At the farmer's market last week, a seller talked me into buying 6 ears of corn for $2.50. That is a lot of corn for us to go through, so I gave this recipe a try and it was pretty good. I liked them best with fresh blueberries and maple syrup.
3. Zucchini Tian from The Splendid Table. I listen to this radio show every week while running and when I heard this recipe I knew I had to try it. It is great for using up that extra zucchini, yellow squash, or eggplant. I have actually made this recipe twice this past week because it was so good. I literally could have eaten the whole pan if my stomach would have let me! Delicious! I just used left-over brown rice and a blend of shredded Italian cheese that I had instead of Gruyere. The second time I didn't have any breadcrumbs and it still turned out fine.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment