Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lunch in Paris


As we already know, I am a sucker for anything about Paris. This book was an especially delightful treat. I literally read it in about one weekend. I was so caught up in the story of Elizabeth and how she not only falls in love with a Frenchman but also in love with Paris and it's food. After each chapter there are recipes and each one sounded so good that I added this book to my birthday list so I can try them. I can almost picture myself as Elizabeth going to the market to buy food and then trying new dishes. I wish I could do that now everyday. This book is just a simple story of a girl and her newly wed life. I think most of us could and should write something similar. We all have our stories and life's recipes that should be shared. Everyone loves a good love story! After reading this book though I do wish my own story was not taking place in North Dakota. Somehow that does not have quite the same appeal as Paris! She writes about chocolate souffles and tangines and I would have to write about chocolate chip cookies and chili! Well, "Paris is always a good idea" (Sabrina Fairchild in Sabrina), so this book is a good idea too.

No comments:

Post a Comment